Tuesday 8 November 2011

Album Covers

For my first project I had to design an album over for a fictional band and album. The band name, title of the album and the image were all randomly generated using the internet, for example, the title of a random Wikepedia entry became the band name. This was the first time I had used the Photoshop software, and to begin with it was a challenge.

For my first time using the software, I'm fairly happy with how my designs turned out. There is things I would probably change if I did this again however, such as the fonts I used and possibly the positioning of the text.

The first design is my favorite out of the two, this is because I like the saturation of the image, and think this works well with the type of picture it is. I positioned the text in the top right picture of the image on both designs, because that is where the woman in the appears to be looking, possibly to something in the sky, I wanted to give the impression that she was looking up to the text.

I find that the second image is a bit dark, on one hand I think this works well to create a different mood to the album cover however, on the other I think that this doesn't work well on an image of this nature.
Overall I am pretty pleased with the result of this project, and think that for my first time using Photoshop I managed to create two respectable efforts. This was a good introduction to the software and I think I will be more confident using it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment