Thursday 10 November 2011

Logo Designs

For my logo design project I choose to design a logo for Wayne Enterprises from Batman. This wasn't for any particular reason other than I watched The Dark Knight recently and I thought it would be a good logo to design.
This is the logo that is used for Wayne Enterprises in the Batman films and comics. It is quite a simple black and white logo, which I think works well to represent the type if company that Wayne Enterprises is.

I designed my logos using Adobe Illustrator. It was my first time using this software and after I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed using it.

My aim was to create a design which took inspiration from the current logo however, remained original and represented the company well. For these reasons I stuck to a simplistic black and white design, incorporating the companies initials and using this as the basis for my design.

I ended up creating 3 different logos, due to the experimental nature of the project. Here they are in the order that I created them:



This was my first time using Illustrator, and for a first attempt at designing a logo I'm fairly pleased with this effort. I think that it works quite well however, I think that the very simple shape of the W and E let it down slightly. I also think that I could have chosen a better font for the Wayne Enterprises piece of text as I don't think that it sits as well as it could next to the W and E. 


 
I think that my second logo shows and increased confidence in using the software, as the shape of the lettering becomes slightly more complicated. I am happy with this design, and believe that it is an improvement on my first attempt. I think that the font chosen for the main text sits a lot better than the first design and this enables the logo as a whole to come together better.



My third and final design is defiantly my favorite, and the one that I think works the best. It is the one that takes most inspiration from the original Wayne Enterprises logo in the shape and use of the W, however I think that this works in it's favor and I have still managed to put my own stamp on it. I think that the W works really well on its own and without the E and the logo looks slightly less crowded. I also think the font that I chose works the best out of all 3 designs and the text sits in the right place in the logo as a whole.

Overall I have really enjoyed this project, once I got to grips with Illustrator, I was confident that I could create a quality logo, which I feel by the end of it I managed to do. I think my 3 designs demonstrate my increased confidence in using the software, and the final result is a good one. In the future I believe I will be much more comfortable using Illustrator and hopefully with a bit of practice my skills will improve further.

1 comment: